Family evacuate their Bratton Fleming home after carbon monoxide alarm goes off
LEVELS of carbon monoxide were found at a house in Bratton Fleming early this morning.
Firemen from Barnstaple went to a home in Furze Park Road at 7.15am.
A man had evacuated his family after their carbon monoxide alarm went off. They were waiting in their car as crews went into the house with breathing equipment and a gas detector.
Watch Manager, Richard Bulled said: "We found a low level carbon monoxide reading so we isolated the boiler.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Wednesday, May 22 2013
"The family also had a woodburner and were burning coal last night. We emptied the ash and unburned products.
"We also advised them to get their boiler looked at and chimney swept.
"We advise anyone who has a woodburner stove, any fire that burns on solid fuel, or a gas burner to have a carbon monoxide detector for their own piece of mind.
"Look out for signs around. Yellowy charring can be an indicator that something is not right, the gas might not be being burnt correctly."