Firefighters called to chimney fire at Kingsley Avenue in Barnstaple
A fire crew from Barnstaple were called to a chimney fire at 28 Kingsley Avenue in Barnstaple at 10.40pm last night.
On arrival firefighters found the flue was blocked with debris and used a solid pump hose to extinguish the blaze. There was no damage to the property.
Watch manager Dean Hastie stressed the importance of having a clean chimney.
He said: "People should have their chimney's swept after the summer before they start lighting their fire for the winter.
In support of Armed Forces Day at the end of June we are offering £9.99 Family/Portrait Photographic sittings to anyone who holds a Police/Military I.D card! That's a saving of £25.01! Ends July 31/13
Terms: You must show proof of I.D when booking your shoot and pay £9.99 to hold your booking date and time. Only one shoot per family. A viewing day will be held roughly one week from the shooting date.
Contact: 01271 440968
Valid until: Wednesday, July 31 2013
"Anyone burning solid fuel should consider having it swept during the winter as well.
"Any debris in the flue can cause a hazard and also has the potential to cause carbon monoxide poisoning."