Fire crews tackle chimney fires in Abbotsham and Little Torrington
Fire crews were called to two chimney fires last night.
The first fire broke out at Glebe House in Abbotsham, near Bideford, at 6.10pm which had been caused by a cooking range.
A fire engine and crew from Bideford attended the incident.
The second chimney fire occurred at South Hill Cottages in Little Torrington, Torrrington, at 5am this morning, which a fire engine and crew from Torrington attended.
In support of Armed Forces Day at the end of June we are offering £9.99 Family/Portrait Photographic sittings to anyone who holds a Police/Military I.D card! That's a saving of £25.01! Ends July 31/13
Terms: You must show proof of I.D when booking your shoot and pay £9.99 to hold your booking date and time. Only one shoot per family. A viewing day will be held roughly one week from the shooting date.
Contact: 01271 440968
Valid until: Wednesday, July 31 2013
The fire had begun in the chimney itself and crews extinguished it from the grate.
After extinguishing both fires the crews gave the occupants advice on how to prevent chimney fires.