Firefighters called to chimney fire at Kingsley Avenue in Barnstaple
A fire crew from Barnstaple were called to a chimney fire at 28 Kingsley Avenue in Barnstaple at 10.40pm last night.
On arrival firefighters found the flue was blocked with debris and used a solid pump hose to extinguish the blaze. There was no damage to the property.
Watch manager Dean Hastie stressed the importance of having a clean chimney.
He said: "People should have their chimney's swept after the summer before they start lighting their fire for the winter.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, May 26 2013
"Anyone burning solid fuel should consider having it swept during the winter as well.
"Any debris in the flue can cause a hazard and also has the potential to cause carbon monoxide poisoning."